09 March, 2009

thirty-three.

Hola, chicas! :) Hope you're all experiencing the same wonderful weather I am!
Seriously, it was HOT yesterday. After months of horrible cold snowy days, I'm in love with this Georgia weather. ♥
And another thing I absolutely love:

Breakfast:



vanilla yogurt + pecan granola and honey.
yum, yum. granola = love.



It may only be nine in the morning, but I've gained some insight into the complicated mind of meeee. When I'm at home, I have absolutely no desire at all to restrict. None. Zip. Zero.
I think you guys got the point, so continuing...
It's at school that I have a problem. When I'm by myself and no one makes me do the right thing (aka eat). At home, I eat pretty much whatever I want and then afterward worry about it, but that's all I do- worry. I don't force myself to stop eating or anything and it's like normal Emily eating away again. I still see myself negatively but I don't do anything about it, just worry. I don't know if that's a step in the right direction, but I think it is...

Positive thoughts floating around today, even though it is Monday. ;) I took another long walk in search of the last precious daffodils.



And a violet, the first I've seen!



Lunch/Snack:



~new favorite lunch alert~
sammie with homemade hummus, prosciutto,
spinach, brie cheese and radish sprouts.

snack:
homemade garlic and red pepper hummus
with spinach and more bread.


nutella, plus yogurt and milk.
(it's really thin and more like milk, than a 'shake.


I've been really lazy and I keep putting off studying for the SAT. I need motivation. Pooh.

Anyways, yesterday's dinner.

Dinner:



piccolini "bow ties" with parmesan and spinach.

Pasta. Pasta. Pasta. Big step!
I haven't had any at all since October. I swore that I'd never eat it again. :o
Silly me! Pasta is the definition of delicious. I can't believe I let myself not eat it.

Oh, and as promised, I've started baking again! :D

Baking Attempt Numero Uno:



ducky-shaped pecan scone-biscuits!
recipe here

I altered it a bit by halving the recipe and adding in more pecans. I also had to bake it for thirty-five minutes rather than only twenty. Overall, they were pretty tasty, but more like a biscuit than a scone (they didn't rise very much).
Best part? They were ducky-shaped! One was a moose and another a heart but mostly, duckies. :)

Have a great rest of the day, girlies. ♥

6 comments:

Sophia Lee said...

OMG! I WANT that sandwich! and your breakfast looks AMAZING! how do you take such terrific pictures?
yay for baking! it is always so therapeutic for me...

Kiki said...

Glad ED hasn't been bothering you lately! I always feel the same, like I don't have to eat when no one is watching me.

Awww what cute ducky scones! And perty flowers.

You asked for a sugar cookie recipe. I don't have one of my own, but around Xmas we made these w/o the frosting and they were excellent: http://www.recipezaar.com/Kittencals-Buttery-Cut-Out-Sugar-Cookies-W-Icing-That-Hardens-261889

Enjoy your Monday! Much love

tinyirishdancer said...

Uhm, Emily?
Can I move in with you?
=D

I seriously want to run off with your entire day's foodage. Yogurt+granola? Hummus? Nutella? Pasta?
AND ZOMFG THE SANDWICH FROM ABOVE??

Gah. And then you finish it all off with scones.

I can't handle it.
There's just too much deliciousness going on here.

So I'm going to leave now before my poor little brain implodes.

<3 ya, chica! Your photog is BEAUTEOUS, btw. =]

P.S. I also can relate to wanting to restrict when there's no one around to "supervise". But that really is the biggest test in recovery - can you take care of yourself, by yourself? Grargh. It's a toughie.

Katie said...

Beautiful pictures!

Ah, what is it like in England? I live in KS currently, and I dream of travel.

Anonymous said...

Your food looks sooo yummy. omg.

Lovely blog btw (:

Stacey said...

SCONES O.O ahh I want some!! Your whole day of foodage looks so delicious!

It's definitely a right step in the direction, being able to take care of yourself even when no one is watching. Take that with you when you go back to school and it shouldn't be so bad. Just keep on beating ED!!